Business Development Representative
FULL TIME POSITION at Gartenzwerg Technologies Inc.Palo Alto, California, United States
We are looking for a super-talented and self-motivated Business Development Representative who wants to take ownership and be part from the early stages of a well-funded and innovative FoodTech company making a real impact on people’s lives.
Did you know the three main reasons people don’t grow their own food are lack of time, knowledge and space available? At Gartenzwerg Technologies, we are on a mission to enable anyone to grow their own food from home effortlessly at the push of a button, year-round. Gartenzwerg are the world’s only Personal Smart Gardens pairing proprietary IoT technology with a natural design and an awesome user experience. With our connected sensors, the garden mimics and controls the perfect environment for plants growth and communicates with users over an app to let them know if the plants need anything.
You will be primarily responsible for increasing sales of and interest in Gartenzwerg’s products within the US by building relationships with potential retailers (B2B) and partners (B2B2C), attending events to sell and showcase Gartenzwerg to consumers and leveraging our social media channels to boost direct sales.
A great team is essential for us. You’ll be working closely with the founders to build an expansion strategy within US and Canada, discuss next steps and make sure your work is aligned with the broader picture. We encourage an open environment where thoughts, ideas and feedback are always welcome.
It’s not so important that you know it all (we don’t), but that you are willing to learn, have the curiosity and hands-on attitude to get things done. Although we are pretty hands-on, we don’t take ourselves too serious. We enjoy and love what we do!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Drive sales within the North America region (With a focus on US and Canada)
• Direct Sales – inbound and outbound
• Building partnerships – resellers, suppliers, as well as pilots and collaborations
• Advertise Gartenzwerg – social media and events
• Expand our community in the region – number of social media followers and customers
• Identify marketing/sales opportunities by researching events and competitions in the region
• Be the point of contact for customers, partners and suppliers by answering our US phone line and handling all meetings in our US office in Palo Alto, CA
• Gather feedback from customers and partners and direct those to the UK team to improve the products
• Report weekly to the founders a summary of progress and recommendations
• Share knowledge and help colleagues
Qualifications and Skills
• Must be a US citizen or have the rights to work in the US for at least 1 year valid from the moment of hiring
• Min. 3 years of proven experience in B2C and/or B2B2C in the US
• Previous sales and business development experience
• Confident to speak and to pitch to a broad range of people
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to spot trends and look for ways to increase sales
• Ability to plan and estimate the complexity of the work, quickly identifying and resolving potential issues
• Strong entrepreneurial mind-set and a can do attitude
• Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
• Keen interest to work in a Tech company
• Independent and able to work by him/herself
• Quick and creative problem solving ability• Flexible and able to oversee, handle and manage own tasks and the tasks of the team• You will have a do-all-it-takes attitude
• Previous work on CleanTech/Sustainability projects• Knows and loves the start-up environment• Passion for healthy food and a healthy life-style
• Competitive base salary + stock options based on work experience• Medical insurance and paid vacation (15 days per year)
• Quick career progression and the opportunity to become Country Manager as the team grows
• Supportive management team
• Good work-life balance with flexible working hours
• Work for a well-funded start-up that can have real impact on people’s lives and the environment;
• Fun and easy-going environment with a can-do mind-set!!!
Does that sound like you? Then we are look forward to hearing from you.Applicants must have the right/permanent right to work in the US.
To be considered for this position, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be in touch in no time.
Please no calls/emails from recruiters or agencies!