FULL TIME POSITION at Gartenzwerg Technologies Ltd.London, United Kingdom
We are looking for a passionate and talented Hardware Engineer who wants to take ownership and be part from the early stages of a well-funded and innovative FoodTech company with potential to disrupt the industry and make an impact on people’s lives.
Did you know the three main reasons people don’t grow their own food are lack of time, knowledge and space available? At Gartenzwerg Technologies, we are on a mission to enable anyone to grow their own food from home effortlessly at the push of a button, year-round. Gartenzwerg are the world’s only Personal Smart Gardens pairing proprietary IoT technology with a natural design and an awesome user experience. With our connected sensors, the garden mimics and controls the perfect environment for plants growth and communicates with users over an app to let them know if the plants need anything.
You will working alongside our team to design and build the hardware of our Smart Gardens. Your primarily responsibility is to lead the development of our proprietary growth lighting solution from design through to manufacturing and to support with all necessary certifications and documentation.
A great team is essential for us. You’ll be working closely with the founders and our team of engineers and plants scientists to present your ideas, discuss next steps and make sure your work is aligned with the broader picture. We encourage an open environment where thoughts, ideas and feedback are always welcome.
It’s not so important that you know it all (we don’t), but that you are willing to learn, have the curiosity and hands-on attitude to get things done. Although we are pretty hands-on, we don’t take ourselves too serious. We enjoy and love what we do!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop and implement a custom Growth LED Solution following the product requirements • Ensure the modules follow all requirements for market certifications• Collaborate with team members to design and build new features of our systems for mass production• Turn ideas into practical, usable, realistic and manufacturable electronic solutions
• Schematic design and PCB layout
• Liaise with external suppliers and manufacturers
• Implement, debug, test and optimise solutions
• Prepare and ensure quality of documentation of your designs
• Identify and solve technical issues
• Participate with suggestions and feedback as well as generating ideas for new functionalities and features
• Commit to high-speed iterations and continuous improvement (reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment).
• Share knowledge and help colleagues
Qualifications and Skills
• At least 3 years’ experience in PCB design for cost and design for manufacture
• Strong knowledge in building LED controller and working with SMD LED’s
• Excellent knowledge of DC electronics
• Previous exposure to applicable certification, e.g., FCC, CE, etc.
• Expert at bring-up, debug, validation and optimization of systems
• Ability to plan and estimate the complexity of the work, identifying and resolving potential issues in the development pipeline
• Ability to quickly prototype and communicate rationale behind development choices
• Meticulous in keeping clean documentation structure
• CAD Skills
• Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
• You will have a do-all-it-takes attitude
• Previous work on CleanTech/Sustainability projects• Knows and loves the start-up environment• Experience in negotiating with suppliers and third party service providers
• Competitive base salary + stock options based on work experience• Pension Scheme – you will automatically be enrolled onto after 3 months with the company• Quick career progression as the team grows• Opportunity to work with innovative technology and in a highly collaborative team.• Training opportunities sponsored by the company• Supportive management team• Shared office space in central London• Good work-life balance with flexible working hours• Work for a well-funded start-up that can have real impact on peoples’ lives and the environment• Fun and easy-going environment with a can-do mind-set!!!
Does that sound like you? Then we are look forward to hearing from you.Applicants must have the right/permanent right to work in the UK.
To be considered for this position, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and our team will be in touch in no time.
Please no calls/emails from recruiters or agencies!